Sustainability is central to the decisions made in sourcing food, drink and other products for the café and shop. The economic, social and environmental impact of purchasing decisions are paramount.
And of course, we use a number of local suppliers, including:
• Tyrrells in Leominster.
• Essential Trading, a vegetarian food co-operative based in Bristol.
• Traidcraft online as our main suppliers of our fair-trade produce.
• Ma Bakers for our bread.
• Method Roastery for our organic, ethically sourced coffee.
• Bennetts of Lower Wick for our ice cream.
• our cakes are made by local producers and our milk is delivered, in refillable bottles.
Did you know?
The café seating area is a meeting point for the variety of weekly groups that use the Pump House, and it's where the free holiday craft activities take place using Worcester Resource Exchange’s scrap as inspiration. To find out more about the activities, visit our facebook page or call 01905 734 934. To find out about Worcestershire Resource Exchange, visit http://www.wre.uk.com or telephone 01905 456 674.
Our in-house Shop
Our shop prides itself on selling environmentally-conscious products. We have a REFILLING SERVICE that saves money and reduces waste. A BULK BUY service of 5L and 25L containers is available on request – ask a member of staff for more details. We also sell 'WREmade' products made by volunteers from materials rescued from industry, at the Worcester Resource Exchange, www.wre.uk.com.
• Household cleaning products and toiletries
• Refill service for cleaning products
(we refill the British made Bio-D and Belgium made Ecover bottles)